Sending iPhone for o2 recycle backup questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Walkaa, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Walkaa macrumors member

So todays the day i loose my iphone for a couple of weeks, i saw the prices of o2 recycle go down so i need to act quick.

My questions this if i back up my phone how do i then erase all the data without loosing the latest backup?

Walkaa

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Plug phone into computer click restore and it'll ask to create a backup click ok and it'll restore the phone. Then it'll reboot and ask do you want to restore from backup. At this point unplug the phone and hold the power button to power it off.

3. Walkaa thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, quite simple really thanks for the quick response.

Walkaa

4. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

do you need to send the iphione charger too, i've looked and on one part of the site it said yes, then the other said no?!? :confused:

5. Walkaa thread starter macrumors member

Good question, i saw a part that specifically said yes for iphone, may of even been in the pack i got. Mines rubbish anyway and i've got spares so i'm sending it with.

Walkaa

6. Deako macrumors 6502

You will need to send the USB cable only. They do not require the actual power adapter.

7. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

This from O2's email:
    So I guess everyone is even more confused now. :p

8. Deako macrumors 6502

Yes, it says that on their site, but the information is misleading. I actually contacted them and got the information direct. There is also a seperate page when you complete your recycle that says iPhone chargers must be included.

When i contacted a lady there, she told me the USB cable was all that was required. I sent 2x iPhone 8GB 3G in with just the USB cables. I got £184 for each phone. This was a few weeks back now, got in there just in time, but have been missing my iPhone sorely.

9. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

cheers for that i'll pop mine in the post soon then

10. flashkai macrumors member

You do know Mazuma will give you more than o2? My 8gb 3G is worth £154 with them and £143 with o2.

Just so you know

Kai