Sending Macbook Pro for Repair

kypsolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Scotland
Hi guys

I'm sending my immaculate (no pun intended) macbook pro into be repaired as the Apple Genius said that my screen may be misaligned.

They said they just want the macbook without original box or sleeve.

I was wondering is this standard as I'm worried about the macbook getting damaged or scratched by them?

Any tips before handing it in?

Cheers

mdbradigan

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2014
Nashville, TN area
Fwiw - I had my MBP repaired last week, was a great process. They send out a box with foam inserts and cotton-like sleeve, and they ask for just the machine, no skins, peripherals, etc. The box is perfectly sized for your device (13" MBP in my case) and the foam is very very well set up to perfectly cradle your device. My MBP was sent out on a Saturday and was back to my by the following Wednesday, repaired, and cleaned.

I was very very happy with the setup, and would recommend their repair team highly.

kypsolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Scotland
Fwiw - I had my MBP repaired last week, was a great process. They send out a box with foam inserts and cotton-like sleeve, and they ask for just the machine, no skins, peripherals, etc. The box is perfectly sized for your device (13" MBP in my case) and the foam is very very well set up to perfectly cradle your device. My MBP was sent out on a Saturday and was back to my by the following Wednesday, repaired, and cleaned.

I was very very happy with the setup, and would recommend their repair team highly.
Ah sorry, I meant that I'm dropping it off at the apple store. Think it would be the same process?

mdbradigan

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2014
Nashville, TN area
I hear (anecdotally, through things like Daring Fireball, ATP, etc.) - that local stores more and more have geniuses sending off machines for repair rather than allowing geniuses to do in-store repairs. As such, I would assume they're using the exact same process here.