Sending off Diagnostic Information!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acearchie, Apr 14, 2008.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Sorry if this has been posted before but what is this all about, what can Apple get if its not sending any of my personal information?

Has everyone else been getting this?

Attached Files:

2. uwguy macrumors newbie

I don't have an iPhone, but as a programmer, I can tell you that there is plenty of information that is useful to developers and engineers as they try to locate and replicate problems that you have been having. This doesn't have anything to do with your personal information, it's more to do with where the program was in the flow of execution when it crashed, and what portions of the program caused the flaw.

As a programmer, I really don't want to know what your personal stuff says when I'm trying to fix a problem. I just want to know where to look to find the problem.

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You can look at the data if you want by clicking show details. It is mostly about dropped calls and software crashes. I dont recall seeing anything personal in it, but it could contain your serial number or imei.

4. pugple macrumors member

It's mostly just when the iphone messes up (dropped calls, random reboots, software issues, and whatever). I usually just let it send mine.

5. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I trust apple and let it send of course, but my dad (since its his phone) has had no malfunctions/reboots/anything of the sort,

it is jailbroken if that would cause some sort of error?

Thanks for the info!