sending outlook meeting requests to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by musio, Jul 14, 2008.

1. musio macrumors 68020

musio

i tried sending one to my me.com and it comes up as an .ics file - can't do anything with it and it doesn't transfer into the calendar.

Is there way to send meetings from outlook to the iphone WITHOUT being on the exchange?

2. musio thread starter macrumors 68020

musio

3. oddeo macrumors newbie

I would like to know the same thing. Perhaps there is a service where you can forward your meeting requests to have them converted to iPhone invites then have them forwarded to you phone? Maybe?

4. musio thread starter macrumors 68020

musio

that's what i'd like... better yet, just the iphone accepting the outlook format!

5. iomatic macrumors regular

has anyone opened one in Apple Mail, and then add it to your Mac calendar to sync? does that work?

6. Big2Planker macrumors newbie

Works on MacBook

You can do this very thing on the MacBook, but I too continue to have issues with managing appointments from mail into iCal. At this point it appears that it simply isn't supported. I asked the guys at the Apple Store yesterday and they didn't have an answer for it either.

Seems that it's an oversight in functionality. I want copy/paste in the next release, ALONG WITH THIS!