Sending pictures over iMessage (3GS)

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by nellisere, Oct 19, 2012.

1. nellisere, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

nellisere macrumors member

I have a feeling this is a problem to do with the 3GS' limited upload speed (384Kbps) but I cannot send pictures taken using the camera on iMessage over 3G (sending on WiFi is fine), I can send screenshots fine, and the internet works, but it's just big pictures, I assume it just "gives up" as I have the same problem on Twitter every now and again.

Has anyone got a fix for this or do I just have to put up with it?

Just had a though, could it possibly be the baseband (5.13.04 on 5.0.1)? If I was to go to the iPad baseband, do you think it could be better? I don't care about GPS, and seeing as I can't get an IMEI unlock ultrasn0w s my only option.

2. sagnier macrumors regular

usually works fine here on my 3GS, but when it doesn't i put it down to local 3G speed, or file size, or the 3GS trying to connect to some cloud wifi that requires login (i hate that!). Often it will work if i try again subsequently.

sometimes picture files are much bigger (due to lighting) and i imagine that, since you dont get the option like in Mail, it tries to upload the full image. Please someone correct if this is not the case. Anyway, maybe thats why.