Sending pictures through the photo app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WinterWolf90, Oct 5, 2017.

1. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 8, iOS 11.0.2

Does anyone have the issue of not being able to send photos to a person that doesn't have an iPhone through the messages app?

When I first used the photos app to select a couple of pictures to send it states that I needed MMS messaging on. i wasn't aware I turned it off so I turned it on. then it stated I needed to turn iMessage on in order to send the pictures. iMessage is on, but the person has an android phone. It wouldn't even let me send one picture through the photo app, but when I go to the message thread and then get to the photo album from there, I was able to send it. Anyone else have this problem?

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I guess most people just either use iMessage if on iOS or WhatsApp if they’re on Android. Don’t know if people still use mms.

3. WinterWolf90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only use text messaging and rarely use other services, mostly because it can do everything you need it to without downloading something else.

4. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Kinda weird that it says that both MMS and iMessages was turned off, but I would say double check what happens when you select send the picture using messaging, because at that point it will pull up a phone number (if you type in a name, etc) and show either green or blue. This will determine what method it's using, and just make sure the settings are on for that (MMS or iMessage).