Sending Word attachments from iPhone-4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rpwallace, Feb 3, 2011.

1. rpwallace macrumors newbie

I have an interesting problem concerning my iPhone 4 and PC.

I write articles in MS Word while travelling on an old PC laptop that has no aircard or 3G data plan. Ie, I can't email the articles from the PC.

My iphone, however, gives me a good 3G connection pretty much everywhere here in Japan.

So, I want to work out if there's a way to transfer the finished article as a MS Word file to the iphone and then attach it to an email and send. The laptop has Bluetooth

I guess the other way is to use the iPhone as a tethered modem, but my provider (Softbank) says they won't let me do this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rick.

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Do you have your USB cable? Is this the laptop you normally sync with? Any chance your phone is jailbroken?

If it is your normal sync, you can easily transfer the file over USB (thru iTunes) to an app like Goodreader then email from there.

3. rpwallace thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply. Apologies, I should have mentioned this isn't the computer I sync with. I carry the USB cable with me though.

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

There is an app for it, I can't remember exactly though, it's like $16.99

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

The app is called Documents to Go however it won't allow him to transfer the file over BT to the iPhone.