Sennheiser CX 300 II (will these work with iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bobright macrumors 601

2. rogues08 macrumors newbie

I've read somewhere that this headphone won't fit when the bumper is on.

Sound quality wise, they're pretty "warm" sounding -> bass / low mid heavy

3. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

I ordered a pair of these the other day, they still have not come yet. Kind of pissed they wont work with the bumper but there are adapters out there you can get. Can anyone recommend an adapter?

4. Mosco macrumors regular

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I heard they wont fit with a Bumper either, and yeah could always use an adapter but who wants all that extra wire and bulk near the jack.

@darkhunter139 did you order them through Closeouts Master on Amazon? I am really suspicous about wether or not CloseoutsMaster is legit

6. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

Yeah the orders are fulfilled by Amazon so that means that Amazon actually stores the product at their warehouse and handles the shipping. So it is 100% safe.

7. JamesHP macrumors regular

They work perfectly with my phone, not got a bumper on it though. Though I see no reason to suggest why they wouldn't work with a bumper on, the jack is quite long.

8. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I always thought the fullfilled by Amazon meant only they stand by and offer up the Free Super saver shipping, if its coming from Amazons warehouse then im sure they are legit. Do you know this for sure?

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Damn it are u getting one soon ?? lol

10. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

100% sure, amazon emailed me my shipping notification and tracking number. Here is what it says on the website about it.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's own warehouses, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these items. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime.

11. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

12. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Do you have the Bumper already and are just waiting on the headphones to see if they fit?

seems legit thx for info

13. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

No I ordered the white bumper from Apple and it is back ordered until July 16th so I will probably get the headphones first. The CX300 II's actually look like they will have a better shot at fitting so i'd go with them.

14. JamesHP macrumors regular

Nah, I'm waiting for Switcheasy's offerings before buying a case.

15. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

right something tells me when they make a revamped II or i version its to fit with newer designed ipod, iphones etc

im wondering if i contact them theyd be able to provide a pic as theres none in the II's but the plain 300s jack does look a little stubby

16. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I have the Sennheiser CX-300B (purchased from Amazon) and they do not fit with the bumper on. They will not even plug in half way, no connection whatsoever. Not sure if they are the same as the 300 II.

I also have the Sennheiser MX460's and they do fit with the bumper on. The 460's have a narrow plug (probably designed to work with the original iphone). If you can get a picture of the plug you can probably tell if it will work with the bumper..if it's a right angle plug then the rubber part (before the metal is exposed) has to be very narrow to fit with the bumper on. Most probably;y will not work.

17. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

18. robby818 macrumors 6502a

19. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Awesome work guys so now we know they do fit :cool:

now heres to hoping u can get yours swapped for the IIs darkhunter139

could you post the review you said ya came across....

20. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

21. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

22. MacMiniBoy macrumors newbie

Hi there. I use the Sennheiser CX 300 II earphones on an iPhone 4 with a bumper. Fits without any problem at all. I'd take a photo, but the only camera I have is on my iPhone.