Sennheiser IE 8 Earphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Firefox123, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Firefox123 macrumors member

2. aphexii macrumors 6502

You can find quite a bit of good information about the IE8 over at Head-fi.org

3. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

thx for the info, will look into these
    needed some new earphones

4. iBrody macrumors 6502

I owned a set of these and they were the best eaphones I have owned (they died when the dog got hold of em!).

Soundstage is huge, bass can go very low but the mid bass is not overpowering, the cable is very well made, sound isolation good.

The only gripe I found was when playing some alternative and rock music, the highs were sometimes a little muddy.

But overall the good points outweigh the bad.

If you are seriously thinking of getting these, ensure that your music is ripped to a pretty high bitrate (95% of mine is mp3 320kbps CBR) or you will not get the most out of these, especially with the £180 price tag.

I don't seem to have any luck with earphones, after these died I decided to pay even more on a set of UE TF.10vi's to get the mic functionality. The highs were more detailed than the IE8's but the bass was not a patch. Suffice to say I am sending these back after only 60 days as one of the phones has started cutting out (basically the cable is thin and not very flexible at the jack which is prob why the sound is cutting out, defo not worth the £225 I paid for them).

So once the refund goes through I will probably end up getting another set of IE8s.

I was thinking of getting the cheaper (JVC) Victor FX500's from Japan as reviews suggest that the mid bass is a little more prominent than the IE8's. But I have also read that the flexibility at the jack point of the cable is not too flexible (like the UE's), so will prob give these a miss.

If you are after big bass but not wanting to pay the premium of the Senns, the Audio-Technica ATH-CKS70's are getting very good reviews at the mo and can be had for around £55 (mail order from Japan).

Apart from the UE's the other phones I have mentioned have no mic functions.