Sennheiser PX100 Headphones. Good Buy??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by anti-microsoft, Sep 9, 2007.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I'm Planning on buying a nice pair of headphones for the future purchase of my new iPod and I thought these looked nice at a reasonable price and also looked like it got some good reviews. Good buy?? Other recommendations??

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I haven't used them myself, but the V Moda Vibes are pretty much top notch when it comes to headphones. They are a little more expensive, but it was well worth the purchase for me.

3. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

mate, i can tell you they are the best headphones you'll ever put on your ears!! (imo). They have a great bass range and are sooo clear, really. you'll wanna make sure that your music is somewhere up in the 192kbps or over just to get all the sound out of em. I bought a pair after rave reviews and they were the only sub $100 dollar pair on headphones.com that got a 5 star rating... i absolutely love them and will never buy otherwise (unless they break, which i'll replace with the same ones :) ) The only drawback with the open air design is that if you're on public transport they don't keep the sound in, so your fellow commuters might think less of you, to get around this, i bought my girlfriend some px-200's and they seal well, but the sound just isn't as good as the 100's.

have fun! sennheiser's are great

4. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow nice!! Thanks! I'll grab a pair when I buy my new nano!!

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Have you checked out the PX200 yet? They sound even better.

6. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

really?? DENZIE says the PX100's are better! I dunno, I confused:confused:

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Well IMO they sound better, but I recommend you listen to them both and make a choice from there :)

8. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

yeh, best to try them yourself.. if you can. I know that my girlfriend wishes she had mine!! and another friend bought the 200's and thought mine were better, you can hear the bass better IMO. but every set of ears are different so try em out if ya can..

9. Mugetsu macrumors newbie

I personally think that everyone who listens to their mp3 player on a daily, or every other day basis, should buy the most ridiculously priced headphones.
    because for how long and how much you use them, will be well worth the not eating for a week.

seriously.
    I bought my girlfriend friggin $500 earbuds from Shure. and it's well worth it.

if you going for Sennheiser headphones, then get the $600, top of the line, SD 650's.

10. mizzoucat macrumors regular

I have the PX100s. They are a little bulky but sound great! And many people believe the PX100s sound better than the PX200s. You can't go wrong!

11. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

I've got them and love them. Strange that no one has mentioned a great feature....besides the sound......they fold up and fit in a case. A bit of Rube Goldberg at first but pretty cool. Get'em, you won't regret. Cheers

12. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

The sound quality is impressive for the money and they are comfortable to wear. I don't use them in public though, because they leak too much sound - certainly don't wear them on the train "quiet" carriages.

13. i make movies macrumors regular

Sennheiser makes good headphones, I'm sure (haven't tried them myself), but if you're want stellar headphone on the cheap, get a pair of Grado Labs SR60s. (60-70 bucks)

http://www.gradolabs.com/

a review

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/60vs80.htm

Honestly, I stole a pair from my dad 8 years ago and they STILL sound better than 99% of headphones on the market...by 'on the market' i mean the consumer headphones you can buy at Best Buy or Circuit City...places like that, where they only sell headphones that range in proce form 5 to 125 bucks and the most expensive pair at the store are the Bose Triport, which Trisuck!

Grado labs are handmade in brooklyn. Father and son establishment. All they make is headphone....just headphones.

The bass on these headphone is amazing. Truly unlike anything I've ever heard. The funny thing is, on an ipod, the SR60 sound better than the SR80s (the next model up) because the SR60s don't need a preamp. You can have the nicest headphones on earth, but you get any of the range from an ipod, because amazing headphone need a little power (preamp) to get the full range of sound.

They are open-air headphones, which means your ears and driver are not completely encased, which also means if you get on a elevator or go into a room with little to no noise, other people will be able to hear your headphone, and if you listen to Fantomas or Ennio Morricone* at high volume, you are guaranteed to get strange looks.

*Walking around downtown San Francisco listening to the score of A Fistful of Dollars at full volume is an amazing experience. Actually, just walking anywhere listening to a Fistful of Dollars is f&^king awesome. Ennio Morricone is the best composer ever.

EDIT: I also forgot to mentio that these headphone have a nice retro 70s look to them. I also edited the body a ton because I can't spell and I think too fast for my hands.