Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhoGotTheChunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
I've looked everywhere on the internet for this, with no luck. Basically these headphones have had the most promise so far as to what I want, but this site says due to a glitch, the controls don't work with iPhone.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6887599.ece

I would like a pair of over-the-head headphones that are wireless (either BT or dongle) that have controls for iPhone. Doesn't have to have a mic cause I don't mind answering as normal. Does anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really a problem, providing its not completely ridiculous.

Seemed like the best place to ask this question.

Thanks in advance,
Chunk

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
I just got these headphones and they're awesome! But I cannot pair them with iPhone via Bluetooth. (1st generation iPhone, jailbroken, with 2.0 firmware)

Any ideas, anyone?

solaris8x86

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
Saturn
The key problem of using PXC 310 BT is not the issue of bluetooth pairing. It could pair to any bluetooth dongles anyway. However, only a few of those can support APT-X loseless quality encoding format. So far right now. Only the Creative Lab's BT-D1/D5 APT-X bluetooth dongles and Sennheiser's its own BT-300 series bluetooth dongle support APT-X streaming over bluetooth. I got BT-D1 from Creative Lab for my Macbook Pro and it works perfectly with PXC 310 BT to produce loseless quality audio on air.:D. Without APT-X enabled bluetooth dongle. Your PXC 310 BT is nothing and a big waste.

I've looked everywhere on the internet for this, with no luck. Basically these headphones have had the most promise so far as to what I want, but this site says due to a glitch, the controls don't work with iPhone.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6887599.ece

I would like a pair of over-the-head headphones that are wireless (either BT or dongle) that have controls for iPhone. Doesn't have to have a mic cause I don't mind answering as normal. Does anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really a problem, providing its not completely ridiculous.

Seemed like the best place to ask this question.

Thanks in advance,
Chunk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.