Senseg tactile display

Discussion in 'iPad' started by borgqueenx, Mar 7, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

....Needs a big kick in the ass. Tease us like that with stopid statements like apple told them to shut up. Now nothing from senseg is in that ipad 3.
    Im still exited to get the new ipad 3 asap, but the guys at senseg were really trolling :(

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

What's an iPad 3?

:p;)

3. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

lol this is going to be a joke for the next 12 months. March 7, 2013, here i come! how many minutes remaining for that event?
    lol!

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

It's going to be called the 'New iPad' 2. As in the 2nd New IPad, since this one is the first.

5. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Yeh.. that's exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, do they think "no comments until after the event" is going to get them that much publicity if they're not involved with the new product at all?

Way to crush my hopes. :(

6. WLS, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

I'm thinking those bozos at Senseg were doing a classic market manipulation called pump and dump with their stock. From their comments it was clear that they had some such plan.

Frankly the whole electrostatic field affecting the tactile sensation of the glass sounded pretty far fetched but by linking thems selves to Apple they made it sound legit.

I'm shocked... just shocked!:eek:

7. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

It's a private company. No shares and no Pump and dump

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

They just wanted publicity. Who before today ever heard of Senseg? Exactly. Now every techie and fanboy has.

9. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Apple is public. Some may of bought shares in Apple if they thought they were about to release a product with tacktile feedback. If Senseg owners had purchased shares before that, and made those comments, then sold them before we found out there is no tacktile feedback, we have a classic pump dump scenario.

And how many fanboys are going to be happy to hear them again? I'm not going to be that thrilled if they are used in a future Apple product after that stunt.

10. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

You suggested that it was (the nonexistent) senseg stock, not apple stock.

Even if you did mean apple stock and mistyped, apple has a market cap of >$500 Billion. There isn't an investment firm in the world with enough money to be able to pull off a "pump and dump" with apple, not to mention the number of shares they would need to buy to pull off a scheme like this would require SEC approval.

It is possible that senseg was just trying to drum up publicity, although since the story was publicized here on the MR forums first by a member and the videos shot between November and January - that also seems unlikely. Bottom line is that nothing about this is "classic pump and dump".

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

The Senseg tech, if it works, would be highly desirable to any company. The question at this moment is cost. It may well have been contemplated but wasn't capable of implementation (or implementation at this scale or cost). Who really knows?

12. jasonkrasnov macrumors newbie

Senseg "E-Sense" Technology to be released soon.

I am guessing within a year or so, we will see this new technology on multiple devices across different brands. It has so much potential.

After reading about and watching the demonstration, Getting in touch with your tablet, I believe that this technology will pave the way for all future tablets, touch-screens and monitors.

13. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

What the hell ever happened to this technology? They demoed it as far back as December 2011, and it's yet to show up in any products. It seems like the kind of thing that tablets of the future are going to have, and I'm honestly surprised Apple hasn't jumped on it already. Seems like they need another "killer" feature ala Retina Display if they're going to continue charging $499 for a measly 16GB 9.7" tablet.

14. The Man macrumors 6502

Also thickness of panel comes into play. Apple wants everything to be as thin as possible.

15. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Tell that to the iPad 3/4 :p