Sensor Iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by BGrifindor, Oct 13, 2010.

1. BGrifindor macrumors newbie

Hello

My name is Bill

I would ask if I can connect my iphone with an external sensor and the results I get will be able to manage another application;

I could have your help;

PS Sorry for my English

2. chown33 macrumors 604

What is the external sensor? Be specific.

What is the application? Be specific.

3. BGrifindor thread starter macrumors newbie

Sensors that send signals such as heart palpitations

I want to make an application to dechete signals and presents them to the user.

4. chown33 macrumors 604

You need to identify the specific sensor, and how it communicates.

Some sensors have Bluetooth. Some sensors have ad-hoc WiFi. iPhone may be able to communicate with those. Otherwise you will need some accessory hardware to translate from the sensor's communication method into something iPhone can receive.

Exactly which application did you intend to control? Nearly all applications are not designed to receive external inputs. If the app you want to control can't receive external inputs, then you can't control it.

If you intend to write an application yourself, then you need to interface to whatever communication method the sensor is using. To do that, you need to know what the communication method is.

For an example of a sensor that communicates with iPhone, simply look at Nike Plus. So in general, sensors can communicate with iPhone apps.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I suspect what you're looking for will require you to sign up for the MFi Program.

6. BGrifindor thread starter macrumors newbie

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C5115c Safari/6533.18.5)

Click the link and find out.

8. Sykte macrumors regular

This made me laugh.