Sensor Messed Up?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EvanCooper93, Aug 4, 2010.

1. EvanCooper93 macrumors member

Nearly every phone call I make, the phone will mute itself, go into speaker mode, attempt to FaceTime with someone, etc. I also will sometimes put it between my cheek and shoulder if I'm multitasking or drving, but I was able to do that on my 2G with no problems. I'm just getting really tired of this. I've gone to the AT&T Store and they didn't help me at all. I went to the Apple Store and they told me that Apple is aware of this issue and is working on an update. I bought the iPhone for a PHONE. That's it's sole purpose and it doesn't even do that. I'm thinking about going back to AT&T and getting a BlackBerry or something. I love the iPhone 4, but I need a phone that won't drop a call twice in a conversation. :(

Anyone else having these issues and is Apple really coming out with an update that will fix this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, almost everyone has that problem.
    It really gets on my nerves too sometimes but other times it works ok.
    Apple is to fix this problem with the soon to be released 4.1 version.
    Devs that got the early beta said that the problem has been addressed but we will have to wait and see I guess.

3. EvanCooper93 thread starter macrumors member

Okay thank you so much! I'm happy to know it's not just me that has this problem. Also is there any release date for 4.1 or anything yet?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, no release date.
    They never give a date, they just release it when its ready.
    So far there's been 3 betas for 4.1 devs so I dont think it will be long.
    They also want to rush and patch up that JB hole.