Sensors Massively Out

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mateytate, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mateytate macrumors regular

So, I got up at 7am, drove to work and sat at my desk. Its now 4pm, I've barely moved yet according to my watch I've been stood for 7hrs (no more than 1), walked 3000 steps (no more than 500) - the only bit that seems accurate is the fitness which says I've done nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this with their watches?

2. gerball macrumors newbie

'7 hours of standing' just means you've stood up for a couple of minutes in each of those 7 hours.

Lots of people seem confused by this (I was too initially) - Apple could probably have used better terminology.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

So I know a lot of fitbit users used to complain that driving counted as walking. If you drive a lot, then the watch may accidentally interpret that as walking.

Also, the apple watch is trying to get you to stand 1 minute every hour. If you were sitting at your desk and didn't leave it for hours, then something is off.

4. mateytate thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that, I did find it strange that it wanted 12hr of standing a day, everyday. Seemed a lot for anyone with a desk jobs.

Appreciate the explanation. :)

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

This. It's why my Fitbit One's results I take with a sizable grain of salt. Driving around Seattle = thousands of steps according to it.