Sent a damaged macbook pro to apple!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by igouroum, Sep 25, 2011.

1. igouroum macrumors newbie

Hello.

Yesterday I sent my 13" 2010 Macbook pro to apple for repair.
    I am unable to change the volume of the computer. All I get is a crossed-out volume sign.
    Also, I occasionally get graphical artifacts when browsing the web or chatting on Skype, but, again, it's occasional.
    Here are my concerns : My MBP has a cracked trackpad and a few dings on the side of it.
    Could they refuse to service my system because of the poor physical condition?
    What are the odds of them replacing my system because of the issues it's having?

Thanks,
    Marc

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If they determine that the physical damage contributed to the problems, yes.
    Not likely, unless you've sent it in for repairs several times.

3. pingfan59 macrumors member

They might call MBP protective services on you for MBP abuse.

4. igouroum thread starter macrumors newbie

One thing to note though. I live in Berlin, so there isn't an official apple store.
    I actually handed it over to a reseller that will send it to some repair center, so they might be a little less severe about it all.. That's just what I'm hoping, refusing to face reality :p

Lol would be fun if they actually called the Macbook pro protection center xD

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i invested ina speck hardshell, incase neoprene sleeve, moshi keyboard cover and palmgurd sodat **** dont happen lol

6. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I had an apple employee look at a MacBook and decided that the nail polish on the case contributed to the malfunctioning keyboard, wanted to charge me some 700 for the repair, but I've since taken it to the campus store and they diagnosed it and fixed it for free.