Sent back new MBP to buy an iMac, quick question...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Manwithnoname, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Manwithnoname macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm sending back the MBP because I made a bit of an expensive mistake in that I just don't really need a laptop to justify spending that much plus the ACD I would have to get for desktop use.

So I am ordering an iMac.

I was planning on getting the 2.93 model, with an upgrade to 130GT card. I can afford it no problem but let me tell you what I plan to use it for...
    General stuff, quite a few games (nothing extreme), movies, music etc the normal things...

So as for the games, my MBP has proven to be very capable and I'm happy with it's performance. I know it's not amazing but I don't need the best graphics, just good enough.
    So is the 130GT going to be even better or no better?

I hope I'm making the right decision and that the performance is better with this iMac than the MBP would be....?!

As I say, I don't really need such power on the go to justify a MBP that's all, I don't use it for work or anything and I like to sit at home on a desk so I guess the iMac is the way to go. Just needed some confidence that these new ones are getting the thumbs up and a better choice for me, performance and cost wise :)

2. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Apparently the 150 is the equivalent to the geforce 8600 so the 130 is the geforce 8400? I may be wrong.