Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
This morning I get a spam marketing email. It is an advertisement for CleanMYMAC X. The fine print at the bottom of the email says who sent the email. If you do a reply, it is the subscriber list of persons who have purchased Aurora.

Evidently someone at Skylum in Belleview WA has decided to irritate the customers who have been waiting for years for the Luminar DAM with a marketing campaign trying to resell 3rd party products. IMHO, very poor decision. I suggest they do not try to sell something new until something promised years ago is delivered....and it works.

Reactions: v3rlon

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
This is rife - I continually get spam marketing emails from companies I have bought from, but mostly people I have never had contact with. It seems normal these days to sell your details on.
Be careful when you hit the unsubscribe button though - some of these emails are just waiting to know that your address is real :oops:

Cheers :)

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.