Sent iMac for repair...back with the same problem...FML

Discussion in 'iMac' started by uzit, Aug 5, 2010.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Got my iMac back this morning, hoping to do some work I have fallen behind on! Unpacked it and had a letter saying that Logic Board has been replaced...sweet! new logic board, took it out the box, put the power cable in and...beep beep beep...pause...beep beep beep...pause...

Right now trying to get through to Apple Care, second time now it has gone for a repair...really annoyed :(

2. blinkin182 macrumors regular

blinkin182

That sucks man :(

Do you have some powerful magnet that renders all electronic equipment useless when they reach your house? :p

More seriously, it might not be the logic board after all, but seems strange. I'd assume they'd have tested it before sending it back...

3. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Nah dont have anything like that around me computer!

Speaking to a Apple rep now and only thing they can do is send it in for a repair...but she will put me through to someone higher up!

4. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

dude i had the same problem and apple actually broke my iMac completely and because of this they gave me a 2010 brand new one!

5. bolen macrumors 6502

bolen

One can wonder why they don't test it after the repair? Sorry to hear about this, good luck with the next repair!

6. juicedropsdeuce macrumors 6502

my prayers are with you!

I wish I could give you a big hug! I hope everything gets better for you, I know this is a truly difficult time, be strong. I am sure Apple will do their best too, fret not.

7. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys!

Are argued politely for a replacement but they said they can only repair..AGAIN and taking it 2morrow! x