Sent in MBP - no help!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rasmusDoh, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rasmusDoh macrumors regular

Hi

I sent in my MBP to an AASP last week. Today they called me after having run some diagnostics on it.

They can't find any problems, and they told me that they aren't allowed to replace anything hardware wise, if they can't find anything that isn't right.

Unfortunately this ofc doesn't solve my problem; that my MBP was annoyingly slow. I've done everything to try and solve the problems myself. Multiple clean installs and also tried installing a new HD. Spent a lot of time on it.

They told me, that they would test it a little further, but probably wouldn't find anything.

Don't wanna get my MBP back as it was - there definitely was something wrong.

What do i do?

Thanks a lot

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

When did you get it? If it's less than 30 days old, they will usually replace the computer no questions asked

3. rasmusDoh thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately it's close to 90 days old now :(

4. NStocks macrumors 65816

That's EXACTLY what I'm going through right now.

The temperatures on my MBP is 106C, I get random crashes and system freezes and the fans are not cooling my Mac down. The AASP are saying the hardware is fine and it a software related problem. Given that the OS and program were reinstalled and have been installed since day 1 of owning this product, they can't blame the software. Apple and Group 8 are also saying 106C is 'in spec' but neither of them are willing to show me this specifiication.

Anyway, there are 6 pages about my isses on this forum, check it out, it may help you... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=911074

I'm waiting for Apple to call me to say what they are going to do (or not) with my broken Mac.

5. rasmusDoh thread starter macrumors regular

Good to hear i'm not alone. I'm very pissed ATM.

Have you called Apple Customer Relations (i havn't)?

6. NStocks macrumors 65816

Yep. I'm only speaking to Group 8 and Apple Customer Relations. Since the first CR Rep. didn't help me I've requested a different one since yesterday, so now he's handaling my case and it's up to him if they replace my logic board, but he said the logic board is the heart of the machine so it's not worth replacing (in a round about way). I expect to hear from Apple today !

I've being extremley calm and patient with them up util now but now I'm pissed. Two weeks since I sent it in and nothing has been done. I'm making sure Apple know I'm not giving in until I get a brand new unit. If they refuse this or a repair I will just keep sending it in... they will have to give up eventually because they can't deny or refuse to inspect my machine. At the end of the day I sent it in for a reason... It doesn't work as it should or as advertised.

7. rasmusDoh thread starter macrumors regular

My problem(s) are somewhat random, the general problem is that it often feels sluggish. I've written down some of the typical stuff, that i find really annoying:

* When i write text (Safari search box, TextEdit, MS Word or whatever) it sometimes takes 2-3 seconds to appear, after having pressed the keys

* Apps open and close slow

* I often get beachballs, when using Safari search box or opening a new tab

* Also got 2 x 6-7 sec. beachballs, when doing something as simple as changing to an other song in iTunes

* Also got a beachball when opening a super light app as System Preferences

* Firefox is unusablely slow after 15 min. of use

And again, generel sluggishness in different apps from time to time.

Might have (too) high expectations for this product, but it just doesn't seem right, that a brand new (it has done this right from when i first got it) 1,800$ computer (in my currency) should perform like this!

Am i right?

8. NStocks macrumors 65816

Check out my thread in the previous post. go to the last page and read my last respone(s). Apple have not at all made me a happy customer even though the CR Rep. said we want to make you happy:rolleyes:. I really want to break my Mac so that I get a new one... I know things go wrong but they are just ' pulling the wool over my eyes' :mad:

9. rasmusDoh thread starter macrumors regular

I like this quote of yours:
    "Apple have thier own tests which is fine, but they need to understand the real life situation. Sure they can pass it off as being as a working unit but at the end if the day they are not the ones using it."

That's spot on.
    This dude at the AASP can fire off all the ******** he wants about it working fine and without problems both soft- and hardware wise, but he's not the one using it as an everyday computer and thus don't really understand what i'm talking about.

Anyway, i don't know what the hell i'm gonna do. If he won't replace anything, how will i ever get further with this case?
    Should i just accept them sending it back without having done anything, check if the problem is still there after some days of standard use, and then send it back in?

10. NStocks macrumors 65816

That's exactly what I did. Apple would not issue me a new one until it was inspected again by their ASP, even though I told them they will be wasting my time (I was right)

I would ask them to send it back to you and if you are experiencing the same problems possibly format the computer ? (I'd wait for someone else to confirm this though )

Apple have serviously messed me up on this one, I'm now thinking about writing to sjobs@apple.com but then I may get no reply so it could be a waste of time... Apple are a consumer based company, they need to undersand that as a consumer and student what is actually going on here. I have work to do and the point of getting a Mac for me was so that I have a reliable machine. I told apple about my fustration but they don't seem to care.

Here's to braking my machine myself to make them give me a new one. I can't just wait for another problem to occur, even after a Logic board replacement !

11. rasmusDoh thread starter macrumors regular

By formatting the computer, do you mean formatting the hard drive and reinstalling the OS? I've done that five times already!

Did you get a new Logic Board? It didn't help?

So, are you actually gonna break it yourself?

12. NStocks macrumors 65816

Your in the same situation as me then - I formatted and reinstalled the hard drive.

Apple said they will replace the logic board but I told them not to. Group 8 are sending back my Mac tomorrow as I need some files from it (files that can only be read on the computer due to system crashes, so I have to save them as a CAD archive file).

Apple won't replace my Mac until there is a hardware failure, even though they will replace the logic board. I can wait and see what the logic board brings and decide from there if I want to attempt a force system/hardware failure (though I doubt I can/will do this )

I'm just really p****d of at Apple and Group 8 for the poor service and the only way to get back what I deserve is take things in more drastic measures.