Sent in my iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skythefly13, Feb 18, 2008.

1. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

I sent in my iPhone last friday because ever since the summer I noticed air bubbles under the glass over the black region (above/below the display). When I saw people were getting their iPhones replaced for free due to this defect, I called and Applecare said they would take a look at it. On my repair status online, it says "Product Replaced". Does that mean I will receive a new iPhone or does it mean that they repaired the glass? Just curious, either way I am getting very sick of my old Motorola SLVR!

2. pab277 macrumors regular

replaced usually means...they will be giving you another one. it might be a refurb though, but still 'new' to you.

3. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Pre-sign

Where in the world do I get one of those "Indirect Signature" Sheets to fill out? I don't see an option on the Apple Repair Status page or on the Tracking page on Fedex...Any ideas?

4. dsl4c macrumors member

"product replaced" means refurb.. I sent mine in for service back in Nov, and they sent me a refurb iphone with firmware 1.0.2.. kinda crazy, it must of been sitting around for a while.. as to the signature request form, you have to be there in person to sign for it, they will not leave it at your door without you being there.. found this out the hard way..

5. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright sounds good, I will just try my hardest to be home early afternoon when Fedex usually stops by...And a (new?) refurb iPhone is much better than my old scratched up iPhone!

I just bought the new Incase Slider case and it should be here within the next week, hopefully it will keep the brushed aluminum away from scratches this time around...

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yep replaced means a refurb, which should be fine.

What you don't want to see on there is "product repaired," cause then they have sent it back without doing anything to it.