sent in tmobile iphone 6 plus for repair, possibly received verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eaglehdz21, Mar 26, 2015.

1. eaglehdz21 macrumors newbie

Hey guys trying to figure this out here hopefully somebody can chime in. I recently sent and received a tmobile iPhone 6 plus for for repair to apple. Today i received back a replacement device. When i check my imei through swappa, checkesnfree, and even the verizon website, all come back as the device being verizon. Does apple perhaps send back a contract free phone when tmobile phones are serviced? i have however tried to insert a non tmobile sim in the phone, and i get a prompt indicated that they sim card isn't valid for this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i am planning on reselling the device, or possible keep it for my own use on verizon once but trying to figure this out first.

2. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Well they are both unlocked,unless you got your phone straight from T-mobile, maybe they ran out of T-mobile ones, if your original iPhone was locked with T-mobile, you just got back a unlocked phone!

3. eaglehdz21 thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i find out for sure? because on verizon site it says its eligible for activation, but when i insert a non tmobile sim or even a verizon sim, it does not recognize?? please advise thanks

4. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

All iPhone 6/6+ models are now eligible for use all ALL 4 networks, however they do required to be unlocked if they are locked to AT&T / T-Mobile or Sprint as the iPhone's sold by or for Verizon = Factory Unlocked already unless you initially paid full price for the T-Mobile iPhone 6/6+, it is 100% LOCKED to T-Mobile.

What you can do if you are still unsure is purchase a GSX check report from any website and post it here, we can help you read it or you can read it your self (blank out the serial and IMEI / MEID #) as they provide a definite answer to questions of this type.