Sent iPhone to Apple for warranty, arrived cracked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by keaton85, Dec 5, 2016.

1. keaton85 macrumors newbie

Sent my mint condition iPhone 6S into apple for warranty due to power issues. Dropped it off for UPS to pack and ship.

Received a message for repair update stating the issue was incorrectly stated. Went to the repair site to see the phone with a smashed screen! It was NOT damaged when it left my hands.

Anyone experience this? Switched at UPS? Or what? Very strange.

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

Haven't experienced this myself but I'd call Apple if I were in this situation. Best success!

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

This is why I am SO grateful to have a local Apple Store.

If calling doesn't help, email Tim Cook and someone from Executive Relations will call you in a few days.

Good luck!

4. keaton85 thread starter macrumors newbie

This time of the year I really didn't want to end up at the mall. Ohh well!

I actually talked with a senior adviser, which said they would call back. Never called back, service request closed, and phone back in transit!

It's craziness. I will try and see if the UPS employee remembers the condition of the phone when I dropped it off.

5. keaton85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: The second go around with a senior adviser has helped me! She sent-up a new repair order to replace the broken iPhone.

I did confirm that the cracked iPhone was mine and not someone just swapping it out at UPS. So damaged in shipment? Weird..