SENT MAIL Notifications?

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I'm actually receiving NOTIFICATIONS of mail that I SEND now. Is this something to do with iOS8.4 because it wasn't happening previously? Very odd and would love to not have that, as I obviously know I sent the message. ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As I recall, sent mail and message notifications have been there for a long time now.

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I mean, I'm getting On Screen Notifications of e-mail messages that I send to other people. I used to only receive notifications of INcoming e-mail messages, which is how it should be.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I mean, I'm getting On Screen Notifications of e-mail messages that I send to other people. I used to only receive notifications of INcoming e-mail messages, which is how it should be.
You mean you get banners/alerts relating to sent messages--as if they are new messages coming to you?

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
You mean you get banners/alerts relating to sent messages--as if they are new messages coming to you?
Yes, exactly. It's really strange and I have no idea why it's happening. I don't CC or BCC myself on any of the messages, either. And the devices, except my MacBook Pro, receive them now. Apple Watch AND iPhone.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Always Bcc Myself

Did that get toggled somehow?

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
No, it wasn't toggled on.

Interestingly enough, it seems to have stopped now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.