sent mail on iphone and yahoo ( computer) different

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cutesydani, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Cutesydani macrumors newbie

When I send an e-mail on my iphone and then I go on the computer to my yahoo email it is not in my sent folder!! When I send something on my regular yahoo account on a computer it does not appear in the iphone sent folder either!!! All of the inbox is syncing correctly though!! Super annoying how can I fix this??

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

In your email account settings you are probably using POP and not IMAP.

POP email accounts keep their own settings exclusive to each device. If you use IMAP it will sync.

If you do not know the difference between POP and IMAP, look it up on Google. You may need to find the IMAP settings for Yahoo accounts as well if you aren't using IMAP.

3. Cutesydani thread starter macrumors newbie

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Then the sent Folder you are using on the computer and the one on the iPhone are different. You'll need to change which folder is used for Sent mail on either the iPhone or your computer so they match.

5. Cutesydani thread starter macrumors newbie

when i looked at the IMAP setting they are set to go to the same folder. But the when I log in to yahoo mail on the computer it looks like they really go in a separate folder. so there is some problem there....then on the other side none of the emails sent from the computer yahoo are anywhere in any sent folder on my iphone.