sent me the wrong phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oxdtown, Jun 20, 2009.

1. oxdtown macrumors member

well yesterday i received my 16GB iphone 3GS much to my surprise it was white instead of black so i called the apple store which is about 60 miles from my house they said that they had one and would save it for me and just swap it out no big deal. well i drove up there and when i got there they said well we don't have any more 16GB black phones. i was a little upset but then they told me that they still had 32GB black and said we can swap it with one for no extra charge. i was wondering if anyone else had this problem

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. oxdtown thread starter macrumors member

i took said thanks they also gave me 10% off the mophie juice air pack i bought i was pretty stoked i was happy with just the iphone upgrade

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

6. Knoxville3G macrumors member

See? That's real customer service. People get on here and bitch/whine/moan if their SIM card tray isn't perfectly flush with the phone body. I mean, GET OVER IT. It's a phone. You'll use it for 1-2 years (depending on your level of addiciton and getting the new iPhone each summer).

Apple gave you an iPhone with DOUBLE the memory, and a discount on an expensive accessory just for your inconvenience. In my opinion, that's INCREDIBLE customer service. I'm glad it worked out for you. Maybe the other whiners on here will read that and see, if you're not a complete douche to the folks that work at Apple, they'll usually go above and beyond to satisfy you. Of course, this is all just my opinion.

7. oxdtown thread starter macrumors member

they were very nice i dont want to say i was surprised but the genius that i talked to said he had been at the store since 5am and it was closer to 5pm when i left so i figured he might have been a little agitated with customers by then we actually talked about snow leopard and the new macbooks i wish i would have gotten his name because he was very helpful

8. Haephestos macrumors regular

Awesome! It just goes to show, what goes around comes around. Being nice and polite always helps.

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

That is very true. I learned so much at work about being nice, and it pays.

10. Hieu macrumors member

Congrats!! ATT messed up my brother's order and gave him the 32gb for the price of the 16gb too. ^_^

11. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

It sometimes helps. It doesn't always help. However usually when being nice doesn't help, being agro and rude also doesn't help.