Sent messages from Iphone not in GMAIL Sent Messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacGiver, Oct 22, 2009.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hello Google/iPhone experts,
    As you know there is the "sent message" folder...so far so good. I have created a label called "INBOX/Sent Messages" and i would like all my mails that are in the "sent messages" folder to be automatically routed to the label "INBOX/Sent Messages". So far i am not sure it is possible and each time or almost i am sending a mail from my iPhone or Apple mail i can see the message in the webmail sent messages folder but then need to move it manually in my "INBOX/Sent Messages" label going to the sent messages folder, select the mail that is not in the labe "INBOX/Sent Messages" and go to the labels drill down list on the top right, select "INBOX/Sent Messages" and apply...only then it is moved to my "INBOX/Sent Messages" label...
    How can i have this done automaticaly?
    Thanks
    X

2. outphase macrumors 65816

3. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I have actually set up my mail app not to display all these labels that are not necessary...follow up label, all messages, spam as even when i hide them they still show up on my iphone and mail app.
    What i did is:
    1- Go to mail and preferences, advanced, imap path and enter: INBOX
    2- Go to your webmail and create the label INBOX/Sent Messages and any other label you want
    3- Go to your iphone, your gmail account, advanced and enter INBOX on the IMAP path

Then when you delete a message from the mail or webmail or iphone mail...it will also get deleted/read/moved to another folder on the other app...not sure i am clear.
    So far this is the only way i found to work this out...so everything is an image of everything and my mails are realy interactive.
    The only is what i have explained above..

and here is how my iphone Gmail looks like...exactly what i needed

X

Attached Files: