Sent my iPhone 4 in to apple to get replaced...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toasty8, Jun 29, 2010.

1. toasty8 macrumors newbie

It just shut off within the first half hour of using it and wouldn't turn back on. Called tech support and tried everything, eventually the rep said to send it in to get replaced. I sent it in and UPS tracking info says it was delivered yesterday morning, but apple's repair site says it's still in transit. Has this happened to anyone before? What's going on?

2. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

3. toasty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

How much time? It said it was delivered Monday morning, and it's now Thursday evening. Apple has yet to update their replacement status (still says in transit.) What am I going to do? I don't have a phone until they send me a new one.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Just call Apple. Th isn't anything that we can do for you.

5. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

If you get AppleCare, they send you a replacement phone to use first, and you send your faulty one in the same box and ship it to them.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

They also put a hold for $699 on your bank account. Also without AppleCare they woll do this for $30.

7. toasty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I called apple, they claim to have it, but say that the iPhone 4's are on backorder and there is no way to tell when I'll be getting mine. They offered to send me the phone first, although my phone was unusable anyway. So, it wouldn't have made a difference, and I'm a college student without a credit card anyway.

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

So, therefore, if there's a backorder situation, all you can do is be patient and wait your turn, :)

9. toasty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Kind of sucks though when I preordered and was one of the first to get it, and now I have to wait for probably three weeks, if it's the same as the apple store.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The OP sent thel a phone and he should get a new phone immediately. Certainly they should have stock piled a few phones for replacement.

11. toasty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently not... It's been quite a while, and still no replacement phone has been shipped to me yet...