Sent TWO iPhone 4s, Can I sell one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Thetbone, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Thetbone macrumors newbie

Due to the whole pre-order fiasco, AT&T had two of my orders for iPhones go through. As a result, I received TWO of the new iPhone 4s. I was charged the subsidized price for both (one charge went to my debit card, the other to my credit card). I activated the first phone I got and it is now tied to my line. I called AT&T about the second phone but, ironically, the call was dropped before I could get much information.

I could go through the trouble to return the phone and get one of the charges removed, or I was thinking I could sell it on eBay for profit. Question is, what do I need to do/say to safely sell it on eBay? Do I need to remove the SIM card? Or should I not open the box? My line is active with one of the new phones, so I don't think I'll be charged any fees for not activating the second phone. It the phone tied to JUST my account or could anyone activate it with AT&T? If I don't remove the SIM and someone else does activate it, does that cancel my service?

I just want to make sure I don't screw myself over here. They're selling for almost $800 on eBay, so I'd be stupid not to go that route if I can. Thanks!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Don't be surprised if the system catches it and you are required to pay the unsubsidized price of the phone. I would call ATT personally

3. Thetbone thread starter macrumors newbie

Even if that were to happen, I should still make a profit if I'm forced to pay $599 while selling it for $800. However, since this was AT&T's fault, I doubt that they'll take it out on the customer for taking advantage of the opportunity. Another guy this happened to said they told him to consider it an "early Christmas present". lol