Sentinel 2: Earth Defense, a Sci Fi Strategy Sequel

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Origin8, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Origin8 macrumors newbie

Origin8

There are a few Sentinel: Mars Defense fans around here, so we thought you'd like to know that a sequel, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense, is now live on the App Store, priced at $2.99: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320388936&mt=8

Official trailer (and sweet tunes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBooXpiDSU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the app description:
    Initial feedback has been very, very positive. Let us know what you think.

Cheers!

2. Fedorov macrumors 6502

As posted on some other forums when I saw it released, bought immediately and loving it, beautiful fluid animations and graphics.

I'm hoping you guys bring a few updates out on this version to keep adding new maps/layouts just to keep it extending for a while longer as I think that's what most people like to see.

Great work, wish you every success!

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Looks great! Enjoyed the first one, I'll pick this up when I get on WiFi next.

4. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Geez this is absolutely a no-brainer buy. Loved Sentinel.

Does this mean though that you are going to stop updating Sentinel: Mars Defense? I wanted the ability to have all the turrets available on all 4 of the maps, not just the last 2.

5. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Bump to this as I just started playing. WOW this has like 3x the content as the first App of yours.

When I first tapped the missile defense system from the spaceship and saw the missiles flying around everywhere I was stunned. This is awesome! The best TD game by far right now.

6. Origin8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Origin8

Good to hear everyone's enjoying the game! :D

Khryz, I suspect we replied to you on another forum, but just in case that was a different person with the same questions: we're not currently planning on enabling all towers on all maps in Sentinel 1, as that would affect balance for the high score tables. We ARE still supporting Sentinel 1 with bugfixes and performance enhancements, but new content will depend on sales. Dev's got to eat!

7. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Lol. Yup, same person. Sorry for being annoying.

8. Origin8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Origin8

It's fine - gave us an excuse to post some relevant information over here and bump this thread in the process ;)

9. techguy1 macrumors regular

The original Sentinel is one of the few games that I've kept on my iPhone after downloading quite a few games. It was always a challenging but rewarding game and I have to admit I've lost a few hours of life playing it.

Look forward to the latest Sentinel 2 .. downloading now .. keep up the great work guys.

10. PrinceDraven macrumors regular

Love it.

Loved Sentinel and Sentinel 2 tops it!!!!
    Was a bit concerned about paying for what appears at first to be the same game, but the new content provides new challenges and creates a new feel.

Great work!

11. Origin8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Origin8

Version 1.1 has been submitted for approval. Here's the list of changes:
    So a few usability tweaks and a couple of fresh challenge missions, hopefully available soon. It's nice to know Sentinel 1 fans are finding Earth Defense a worthwhile purchase :)

12. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Yes, a very worthwhile purchase. Hurry up and come out with Sentinel 3: Moon Defense now! :D