Senuti-like functionality for photos and calendar, and update questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J the Ninja, Oct 10, 2008.

1. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

OK, first, a little backstory. I have had my iPod synced to my PC, which has since died (who knows why, I think the PSU is bad). Anyways, I'll be replacing it with a MacBook Pro next week. Since I have despaired of getting the PC operating again before I get my Mac, it seems the simple method of transfering my files over the network isn't going to be an option here. Now, I know about Senuti. That takes care of my music. Any way to send my pictures over too though? What about stuff in my calender. Will I just have to punch it all manually into iTunes?

Then comes re-syncing, and applying the 2.0/2.1 update I have not been able to do. :(

So, if I do things in the following order, will I be ok?

1. Manually copy calender and contacts over to iCal and Contacts, respectively

2. Use Senuti to copy music library to iTunes

3. Let iTunes sync my Touch

4. Buy and apply 2.1

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Buy the update first, because when it's installed it wipes everything from the iPod anyway, so if you do it last you'd be syncing all of your files twice by the time you're done.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

it doesnt wipe the iPod if he does a clean update (no jailbreak)

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

If he's 'buying' 2.1, then that means he didn't get the 2.0 update (in fact, he says that in the first post), and updating from 1.1.x to 2.x wipes everything. It's only going from 2.0 to 2.1 that leaves all the content on there.