Separate Audio Track from Video_TS?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aidanpendragon, Mar 14, 2008.

1. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

This is perhaps more a software question, but Handbrake may do it and I'm sure some of you Touchers know the answer:

Any easy way to separate out the audio track of a Video_TS folder and save as a (croppable) MP3 file? (Cross-platform software suggestions preferred)

Thanks!

2. aidanpendragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. BassistKing1 macrumors member

if you're on windows, try Super Converter. it can convert alot of formats (mp4, avi, divx, mov, mp3, etc) and is free, and can do multiple files, any length, and has settings for ipod, psp, and tons of others.

4. Brian513A macrumors member

you aren't going to find any audio of any kind in the Audio_TS folder. the video is what contains the audio - don't ask me why it is the way it is... i guess it's just DVD format. but anyway, you have to extract the audio from the video file (I use AoA Audio Extractor) which converts the audio timely and in good quality. i hope that's what you were asking for. . . ;)

5. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I couldn't find any way to do this. I have movies that I have seen many times and had the idea that all I needed was to listen to the dialog and I could mentally fill in the visual part. The option of simply not watching didn't address the problem of the screen being on and drawing power. There apparently isn't any way to turn off the screen while videos are playing either.

6. aidanpendragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to everybody. I'm currently trying AoA Audio Extractor, but it doesn't do anything with a video DVD/Video_TS folder. You can't select the Video_TS, only "open" it. It *looks* like the program only supports MPEG, MP4, WMV, QT, etc. If you set it to look for "all files," it does show the individual .VOB contents of the Video_TS folder - but only says they're of 10 sec. duration, and I know that's not the right way to do it.

Appreciate any suggetions - I may be missing something. Or, I may try this SuperConverter. Thanks.

7. aidanpendragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just a refresh on my query - this AoA issue is stumping me...