Separate config for magic trackpad and built-in trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ScoobyMcDoo, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to have separate configs for the built in trackpad in a macbook pro and a magic trackpad. The reason is, when using the built-in trackpad, I prefer to use the mechanical click, and turn off the touch to click because I very often have accidental clicks when touch-to-click is on. Sadly, the magic trackpad does not have the mechanical click, so when I have to turn on the touch to click to have a way to have a single click with that device. It seems there is only one place to do this configuration, so they end up sharing the same config.

Has anyone found a way to have each device configured separately?

2. simsaladimbamba

The Magic Trackpad has the mechanical click, if you have positioned it on a hard and flat surface, you can press the trackpad down and have a mechanical click.

from http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

3. ScoobyMcDoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, I just happen to place it on a mushy surface (my mouse pad which is glued to the surface of my slide-out keyboard tray. Guess I'm gonna have to scrape that thing off. Thanks for the tip!

4. skurfur macrumors newbie

No need for separate config

'Tap to Click' is not a problem if you check 'Ignore accidental trackpad input'. To expose this setting, turn off the Magic Trackpad and go into Trackpad settings. Everything jolly with typing after that. :D