Separate docks for separate windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Torinth, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Torinth macrumors newbie

Hi, ive recently switched to OSX from Windows as my main desktop and I am trying to see if there is a way to customize the dock to fit what i want.

I have a 3 screen setup. I want the dock to display on all screens at the same time. I want to have different applications in different docks for different screens. I only want the applications on the screens to show in the dock for the screen it is on. For example, if i dont have safari pinned and i drag it from one screen to another I want the dock icon to move from the first screen to the second screen and no longer appear on the second screen.

This gives me the ability to have active icons in the dock for the specific screen its on. I do alot of screen sharing and dont want people looking at my screen to see every single application that i have running.

Auto hide on the dock isnt a solution.

I have found dock-it but one of the problems I have with dock it is it doesnt have open indicators and the applications wont move from the docks as i drag it to different screens. It also doesnt have window previews like hyperdock provides. I could do without the moving icon as i could just have a duplicated dock on each of my screens where i want to run applications not showing up on my main screen but no active indicators and no window previews would be hard for me to give up like i have in the current dock with hyperdock.

This is essentially how the windows taskbar has been working for a long time and the ability to have active icons in the taskbar only on the screen that the application is running on was extremely helpful for me and is really the only last thing i would like to emulate on my mac to feel like i have the complete experience that i want in osx.

Comments about how im in the apple ecosystem and should learn to use it like it is will be completely ignored.

Thanks!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

You might want to fix that. ("typo"?)