Separate forum for free promo codes?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by queshy, Jan 18, 2009.

?

Should "Free App Promo Codes" be handled in a separate forum or be stickied?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I think such a forum/sticky thread is in order. They've been popping up so much lately and it's getting hard to sort through tons of these threads. Is there any demand for such an addition?

2. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

Great iDea!

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Respectfully disagree...this is the "App Store" forum and is where questions and reviews are for anything related to the App Store. Dev's want to get the feedback where users are going to check out apps and that is the app store forum. Users will continue to go and review and look for new threads related to apps here.

Now what could be done is have the moderators police it up. If there are no reviews when the promo's are gone then clear out the thread. The mods could also do a better job of consolidating like apps since posters are not likely to search any better.

I think two forums for the same app would be pointless and have users double posting.

A sticky would be acceptable but not another forum just for promo's

4. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

I'd like to see a sticky where the newest promos get added to the top (and not the bottom). Users can then make their own thread for a review. Many of the free promo apps don't ever get reviews posted in the actual "promo giveaway" thread.

5. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.