Separate groups in Address Book?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, May 1, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Mrs EDJ and I sync each of our iPhones and her iPad to my MacBook.

We share our entire iPhoto and iTunes libraries, so that is fine. She does not sync her mail to my MacBook so that keeps that separate.

Question is, can I take all my cards in Address Book and put them into a group, say "EDJ's Contacts" and then all of her contacts into "Mrs. EDJ's Contacts" so that when we sync our separate devices to my MacBook's iTunes, we don't have to go back through and sift through the Contacts on the devices to delete the ones we don't share?

How would you suggest as the best and simplest (assuming those two are the same way) way to do this?

TIA

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Simplest way to do this? Give each user their own user account on your mac...

Why are so many people so reluctant to use multiple user accounts? It's baffling, no, perplexing, no, I'm too tired to think. I've got a bucket of KFC to finish and this memory lapse isn't going to stop me.

3. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Because we share the iTunes music library and the iPhoto photos. If we use separate user accounts, there doesn't seem to be a way to access the shared applications when we are syncing via different user accounts. Is there a simple way around this too?

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

This can apply to both iTunes AND iPhoto ;)

Sharing iTunes Libraries

Just copy the iPhoto and iTunes library to each account, then afterward, each person can manage their own library their way.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I've been using the multiple groups in Address Book for some time without issues. In your 'INFO' tab you simply select one group or the other then below that make sure to check 'New Contacts Sync to 'MsEDJ'. Sync using replace Contacts on this iPhone.