Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Hello

I will have an iphone primarily syncing to my home computer where it will sync to the family address book and ical. I would also like my iphone to have my work calendar and address book synced to it.

So far I think I should start by setting up google calendar and contacts for work which is easy enough.

All the options I've researched seems to force ical and gcal to sync together before going to the iphone. Am I missing something? I don;t want my work calendar to show up on my family ical. I don't mind however if family ical shows up in Gcal.

Any suggestions?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I have an ical and gcal synced to my iPhone and they are separate. The trick is to set up the gcal using caldav on the iphone (if I remember correctly).

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
I have an ical and gcal synced to my iPhone and they are separate. The trick is to set up the gcal using caldav on the iphone (if I remember correctly).

thanks
so you then have to switch back and forth on the iphone to view them? If setting up an appointment I would prefer not to check both calendars to see if there is a conflict. Is there a way to have a unified view on the iphone?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
thanks
so you then have to switch back and forth on the iphone to view them? If setting up an appointment I would prefer not to check both calendars to see if there is a conflict. Is there a way to have a unified view on the iphone?

Yes, you can view all at once, or view each calendar separately.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
If I import Gcal contract to the phone and then sync the phone to my Mac. Will those contacts then sync to the Mac address book?

Like i siad I want to keep work computer and home computer separate but completely integrated on the phone.

Thanks!

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Address book

I have in my address book on the iPhone the following:

Contacts that are synced with my laptop through the iTunes sync process (over the wire).

Contacts synced with MobileMe over the air (the same laptop above also syncs with MobileMe over the air so this is redundant).

Contacts synced over the air from Google using Google Sync.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
thanks

so no cross syncing interference with address book and google contacts? They stay in their own places on computer but integrated on the iphone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.