Separate Replacement Tips for the Apple Pencil?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dammit Cubs, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Does anyone know when Apple will start selling replacement tips separately?

I just broke my SECOND Tip. so both the replacement tip and the one of the apple pencil is broken. I broke it by using a 2 surface pro Loops for their pen to hold the apple pencil to the ipad. It's worked really really 99% but only on a slight vertical again did gravity take over and it fill straight 90 degrees onto concrete - smushing the Tip.

This is the second time, this incident has happen. Luckily, the tip still works - but I'm too OCD.

I ended up buying a new apple pencil - I took the replacement tip from that pencil, put it on my old apple pencil and then sold it to my friend for half the price.

Hardly the strategy I want to go with - But apple has not released any information on when they will just sell tips separately.

2. Gav2k, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You've two choices. Go in store like I did and speak to a manager who hopefully will help or call apple directly and they can ship you spares. I was told end of March they should be on the accessories page.

3. mpetrides macrumors member

Replacement tips are now available in the Apple Store. 4 tips for $20. Highway robbery--until you need them. Then, well worth the expenditure, I guess.

4. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

yep just ordered a set... i drop the pencil all the freakin' time so i am happy to see these on the market.