Separate timer for sleeping music vs. sound?

mgdpublic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
I usually use the timer to turn my music off after a certain amount of time when I'm sleeping. However, I often want to use the timer as a regular timer and sometimes I forget I have it set to "stop playing." It makes no sense that they don't have a separate timer for those two functions. Isn't one in itunes? Just last week I set a timer for 45 minutes to bake some cookies, and while it was great that the music I wasn't playing would have stopped if it had, nobody warned me my cookies were burning, had ignited, and set my kitchen on fire.

Also, anyone wanna buy an oven?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I usually use the timer to turn my music off after a certain amount of time when I'm sleeping. However, I often want to use the timer as a regular timer and sometimes I forget I have it set to "stop playing." It makes no sense that they don't have a separate timer for those two functions. Isn't one in itunes? Just last week I set a timer for 45 minutes to bake some cookies, and while it was great that the music I wasn't playing would have stopped if it had, nobody warned me my cookies were burning, had ignited, and set my kitchen on fire.

Also, anyone wanna buy an oven?
can't you download a 3rd party timer?

use one for music and one for cookies

robabroad

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
Separate timer for sleeping music vs. sound?

... sometimes I forget I have it set to "stop playing." It makes no sense that they don't have a separate timer for those two functions.
You can tell Siri: "Set an alarm for 20 minutes from now." And she (it? :confused:) will create an alarm as opposed to a countdown. Works well for me on 8.0.2/iPhone 6.

It does clutter your alarm clock with a number of different alarms, but it'sa easy enough to erase them. Plus, you get a snooze function.

Hope that works for you.

mgdpublic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Yea that's what I've been doing but it's so inelegant. Seems like something they should have right in the music app.