separating music from dialoque

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maggiesbuddy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. maggiesbuddy macrumors newbie

How can I separate my music from dialogue in stories in iTunes? thanks

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

If it's just an audio track, then you are pretty much out of luck. It's the same situation when you try to separate audio from vocals on a song - the only way to do results in distortion of music and or voice.

3. maggiesbuddy thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not clear

Wiz,

I wasn't clear. I have songs from artists downloaded and also mystery/comedy stories (no music). They are all stored under "music" and when I play them, all of a sudden a 30 minute story will come on! I want to play just music at times and have the stories when I can really listen. How do I separate them? Thank you!

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I can think of two ways to do this. One, make a playlist with all your music (songs), and shuffle the playlist, rather than shuffling everything on your ipod. Two, mark your story tracks as "do not shuffle." To do this, select your story tracks in iTunes, right-click, Get Info, click on Option tab, check "Skip when shuffling."

5. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

You can make a smart playlist that includes everything except books. This will probably work best if you have all your books in a specific genre.