Seprate computer account or app secruity?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dimm, Oct 29, 2015.

1. dimm, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

dimm macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm thinking of upgrading 1 or 2 versions above this 10.8.5. I don't think I'll upgrade to the latest version of OSX until I leave. I basically want to create a 2nd login user account on my imac? Or if this app security measure that creates private security from opening up besides me? Also is it possible to delete the user login account when I'm done so that hard drive space reverts back to original form. I basically want to install heavy duty apps mainly adobe, Video editing, sound editing, and More (not video games). Any web links or videos how to are welcome or comments down below. This imac has enough ram to handle the work for me, thank you everyone.

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Your only OS upgrade option is 10.11 unless you previously downloaded 10.9 or 10.10. Mavericks (10.9) and Yosemite (10.10) are no longer available for download from the App Store. Apple removed Mavericks from the App Store when Yosemite was released. Yosemite was removed when El Capitan was released.

3. dimm, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

dimm thread starter macrumors newbie

I have other OS X versions on stand by. I don't want to upgrade that fast. I'm not going to upgrade to El Capitan yet... in a month or two when I leave. You see if I use El Capitan right now there might be plugins/software that might not work or be unstable. I don't want to use time machine for any reason. I'm temporarily using this mac for a month or two.