Sept. '07 macbook and (Mt.)Lion OSX

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Kosmoss, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Kosmoss macrumors newbie

Hello folks of the forum, I hope I am not asking a question answered too many times here, but I can't seem to find the exact answer.
    Anyway,, Can someone here tell me if this macbook (details follow) can at least run the lion osx and maybe mountain lion. I have leopard at the moment and want the newest itunes so I can upgrade to the iphone 5.
    Is this enough info to know?
    Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB

Thanks for your help

2. DaKKs macrumors 6502

3. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

For you I would say go up to snow leopard not lion because it will run slower than snow leopard.

4. DaKKs macrumors 6502

10.7.4 isn't that bad actually. The fixed a lot of bugs with .4. But you have a point. Snow Leopard is way smoother on early MB's

5. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

Yer I had a 2010 MacBook (is now no longer with me apple did an exchange on it) anyway I noticed a speed drop on it so it wasnt bad but snow leopard (but its probaly worse on an early MacBook. SL can still do everything I need to even today.

6. DaKKs macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat, mate. Even if I could upgrade, I wouldn't. SL is just marvellous as it is. Why fix something that's not broke?

7. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

Yer snow leopard is marvellous :) I know it was never broke :) but there you go I guess. But at least OSX isn't going as mobile orientated as windows 8 so im grateful for that.

8. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Oh, don't even get me started about Windows 8. Like having a bloody 24 inch mobile right there in your face. *shiver* I've never been happier about switching to another OS than I'm now. Although my Vista(pre-SP1)-Ubuntu switch comes close second.

9. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

Haha looks like I just got you started lol it really is or there all look at us we can be everything (those hybrid laptops/tablets/"ultra book" things) I had a Samsung nc10 netbook lol it was great fun (in two years smoke came out of it due tho the wifi and screen cables shorting out) I had xp, ubuntu and leopard on it all at different times (not dual booting) ubuntu is good but theres something about it I don't like, I think its almost not different enough from windows or osx and then ubuntu and me always had driver issues they have got better but things like wifi ugh, but anyway I enjoyed leopard on it that I though I have to see how this runs on a better piece of hardware so I got a mac :)

10. Kosmoss thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! Thanks for all the useful info. Snow leopard it is then!