Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yesshh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
This is my first time preordering an Apple device and did so with the Apple Store app.

Is it normal to order the night of the 14th and still have a delivery window this far out? I just wondered if there was any chance it would come sooner but have no frame of reference from preordering Apple devices.

edit: Maybe useful for people to start posting when their shipment status changes for September 28th+ delivery frame windows.

Last edited:

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I've pre-ordered a lot of stuff from Apple and they are generally pretty conservative with their delivery dates. I'm not going to say its a guarantee, but I would be very surprised if it didn't show up early.

Yesshh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
I've pre-ordered a lot of stuff from Apple and they are generally pretty conservative with their delivery dates. I'm not going to say its a guarantee, but I would be very surprised if it didn't show up early.

Thanks for the reply!

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
1. I am in the same boat as you. Got my order in at 2:13 AM (13 minutes after pre order started) and got the same delivery dates as you. Hoping for sooner
2. Last year I pre ordered the X with a similar delivery date (a week or 2 after the first deliveries) and received it the Monday after the first shipments that went out Friday, so I Was only a weekend later than launch. I am hoping of the same situation this time but prepared to wait longer.

I Ordered the XsMax Space Gray 256 GB, fwiw

Yesshh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
1. I am in the same boat as you. Got my order in at 2:13 AM (13 minutes after pre order started) and got the same delivery dates as you. Hoping for sooner
2. Last year I pre ordered the X with a similar delivery date (a week or 2 after the first deliveries) and received it the Monday after the first shipments that went out Friday, so I Was only a weekend later than launch. I am hoping of the same situation this time but prepared to wait longer.

I Ordered the XsMax Space Gray 256 GB, fwiw

I ordered same device. But I did order at around 11 PM CST after I got off work (and to submit my fiancee's order at the same time). From what it sounds, I may be delayed to Wednesday at the max hopefully. Super excited for the release!

(Appreciate all your responses)

Reactions: SaltedV8

scotland007

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
I had ordered around 12:07 Pacific Time and got the same timeframe for the 256GB XSM Space Gray. Just a few minutes earlier had clicked on my wife's Silver of the same size and she gets hers this Friday, I guess the Space Gray ran out of stock much faster, hoping the delivery moves up also.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
My experience says we will most likely get them next week sometime. Monday if we are lucky. I slept though my alarm and ended up ordering it at around 5 am ET (2 AM PT) - 256gb space gray Max
[doublepost=1537195490][/doublepost]PS - pretty sure us east coast US people have it the worst when it comes pre order time.. 3 am. Ugh.

signde

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Slept through my alarm, didn't order until 4:05am central so about 2 hours after pre-orders began. I got the 9/28 - 10/5 delivery window for an AT&T 256 GB Space Gray XS Max.

Given past experience with Apple orders I'd be really surprised if we don't get them early. Some of us maybe this Friday, the rest of us probably early next week.

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Slept through my alarm, didn't order until 4:05am central so about 2 hours after pre-orders began. I got the 9/28 - 10/5 delivery window for an AT&T 256 GB Space Gray XS Max.

Given past experience with Apple orders I'd be really surprised if we don't get them early. Some of us maybe this Friday, the rest of us probably early next week.
I hope you are right. I didn't really mind having to wait a week or even 2 at the time but the closer launch day gets the more antsy I get.

Reactions: MissJenn

signde

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
If you are super antsy you can always setup alerts with istocknow.com for local inventory. You get an alert then you reserve it for in store pickup right then. I haven't even pre-ordered the last two years but was able to get a phone within one or two days after release. With how plentiful stock seems this year given the shipping estimates, I imagine it will be rather easy to get a device that way. It's weird but apple sends a small amount of stock to local stores for in store purchase even when a lot of us who pre-ordered haven't received theirs.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
These numbers are not good (for me). I looks like SG/256 slipped very early on, so if you ordered in the morning, you may be SOL, just saying. I know it's conservative, but it just looks bad for subsequent orders.

So, i'm going to not worry about it. Hows that? :D
[doublepost=1537197860][/doublepost]
It's weird but apple sends a small amount of stock to local stores for in store purchase even when a lot of us who pre-ordered haven't received theirs.

This. Happens all the time. So off to the store....maybe.

Last edited:

signde

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Yep. I've bought a 6s plus, 7 plus, and iPhone X this way. In my experience new stock comes in at random times too. Two years ago it was 4pm on a Sunday, last year it was 2pm on a Monday.

angrytoothbrush

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I've preordered several times and seen it all almost lol. This time- Same boat. Nonchalantly woke up on the east coast and ordered a iPhone XS Max 256 GB - Space Gray. Think I got my confirmation at about 10am ET still sitting at Order Processing- not that I am expecting movement. To answer your question- Its more than normal to see late shipping dates when preordering the day of.

Based on other threads the demand for Max is way higher than the base size. Perhaps going for the Max was a bit XS-ive. (Sorry I was waiting on a chance to use that)

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I keep checking mine to see if it's gotten bumped up to Friday :D but not expecting it too, hoping for worst case next week sometime.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
My experience says we will most likely get them next week sometime. Monday if we are lucky. I slept though my alarm and ended up ordering it at around 5 am ET (2 AM PT) - 256gb space gray Max
[doublepost=1537195490][/doublepost]PS - pretty sure us east coast US people have it the worst when it comes pre order time.. 3 am. Ugh.
When you say "them", I assume you are referring to shipping notices.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Please post any changes to your status, and when you ordered, with the time zone.

At least we can get some kind of idea of this.

Reactions: Orangeman13

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
I have never ordered using the Apple Store app before. I always used ATT.

So I ordered the Xs Max Gold around 11AM eastern time. I got Sep. 28 - Oct. 5 delivery schedule. If it show up on time that will be better than what has happened in the past with ATT orders........they were always rescheduled with later and later dates.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
When you say "them", I assume you are referring to shipping notices.

I was referring to the phones..

This is my pre order history for the last 2 phones I purchased:

2014:
Original delivery dates: Oct. 1 - Oct. 6
Arrival date: September 25th

2016:
Original delivery dates: Oct. 4 - Oct. 10
Arrival date: September 24th

I’ve always purchased within a few hours after pre ordering going online, from Apple, and I always seem to pick the most popular option (space gray 6+, jet black 7+, space gray Xs Max - all with middle tier storage)

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I'm in this group due to an order screw up on Apple's part (I originally had a Sept 21st delivery but had to cancel and reorder), so I'll be watching closely to see if anyone in this date batch gets bumped up!

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Has anyone with a 9/28 - 10/5 date seen a credit card charge yet?

No movement here yet.. I ordered a case too and despite Apple telling me that’s shipped, I still don’t see it in UPS!

I think we will probably see movement Wednesday/Thursday with deliveries Monday/Tuesday - that’s my guess.

tothewilderness

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
Massachusetts
I placed my order around noon EST for 256GB Xs Max in Space Grey. Initially ordered the gold at 3:01 AM but decided against it. If I see no movement at all on Thursday morning, I'll probably cancel it and try my luck with store inventory. Already set up a notification on istocknow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.