September 18 release date? Hmmm...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by millk18, Sep 14, 2012.

1. millk18 macrumors regular

From Cult of Mac... "Gate: Enhanced Edition, an updated release of the venerable Dungeons and Dragons role playing game coming from Bioware, has been delayed until November 30, 2012, according to the company’s forum. The Mac and iPad version was scheduled to release in September, sometime soon after a September 18 PC release date."

Do you read what I read? Hmmm....?

2. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

So Baldur's Gate is being released on Windows on 18th September, therefore Apple will release a new iMac that day?

3. millk18 thread starter macrumors regular

My bad.

I just took off my rose colored glasses. Disregard.

It means they were going to release the Apple version of this after releasing the Windows version of September 18. Suffice it to say I was reading much more into this that what was warranted.

You see, my 8,1 lost its hard drive last year and I just replaced the video card two weeks ago, after being told by Apple by phone and a local certified Apple tech that it very well could be the logic board. I was holding my breath on that one.

Sir, I would like a new iMac, please.

4. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I think no one has a clue what you're talking about bro.

5. JayJayAbels macrumors 6502

JayJayAbels

You always come across as an extremely pleasant forum poster.

6. millk18 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I read on Cult of Mac today that the makers of this game had planned to release the iPad/Mac version but were holding off until "after a September 18 PC release date."

I read this to mean that they were releasing the game after the iMac release on September 18. I fully understand PC doesn't mean Mac but my hopes and wishes got the best of me.

My apology to all.

Now back to impatiently waiting for that new iMac...

7. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

It's all good dude no need to apologize. I just don't see the correlation between a game and computers being realese, I don't think apple really tells anyone. I'm just trying to be realistic here but i think we most likely well see an iMac in October probably not this month since they just relase the iPhone. I think when the iPhone hype goes down then apple will rise again with new iMacs this is just my opinion though, however I wish they'd release them today for all I care I'm so sick of waiting I'm just trying not to let the wishful thinking take over

8. 22mac macrumors member

The 18th is the next date that an iMac could get a silent update. For all we know it could

9. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

The boy is like this, love it or leave it ... he's a good guy, though a bit rude sometimes. What matters is that like everyone of us he's waiting for a new iMac and he's often pissed off by the damn wait (can anyone blame him ?)

10. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

If anyone can then here's the place where it'll happen!

11. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

Just new info: Baldur's Gate is being pushed to November :)