September 23rd event invites tomorrow around noon!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doodledoo, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Doodledoo macrumors regular

It always happens a week in advance! We're so close, I can feel it. Engadget reports it, so why not? Besides, if the 23rd equals FAIL for us rumourmongers, then we'll see them on the 7th for an event on the 14th. COME ON NEW MACBOOKS OH MY GOD PLEEEEEASE, lol.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Personally, I don't think there will be an event for the new MacBooks. They're just going to release them. That's my guess, anyway.

4. m1stake macrumors 68000

If the pricing is as "aggressive" as some people think, that in itself would be event worthy. It's nice to see products fall in price upon release.

5. iCries macrumors regular

Do you ever write anything else than that line?

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Let's put it this way, Apple didn't believe the iBook to MacBook transition was event worthy.

7. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Maybe not, but that guy sure does seem to respond first to just about EVERY post on MR!

8. Doodledoo thread starter macrumors regular

I really think there'll be an event. Why not? Apple had an event for the new iMacs last year. We'll probably also see something along the lines of iLife/iWork '09 and maybe new Cinema Displays. But what do I know?

Anyway, Apple has been actively participating in producing hype for the new MacBook/Pros since last year and even a bit earlier. Why shouldn't they want to have an event to finally push everyone over the edge? Every new computer or redesign announced after MWSF 2007 has been at an event of some sort. The only times Apple has done things quietly with an Apple Online Store update have been product discontinuations (iPod HiFi, Xserve RAID) or speed bumps (Penryn MacBooks/Pro, Penryn iMacs, Santa Rosa Mac minis, 8-core Mac Pros). So why wouldn't they have an event?

9. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

And that last iPod thingy WAS event-worthy? Apple has some screwy priorities...

Not too hard if you have no life.... :cool:

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

why have an event for new laptops? does Hp, dell or sony have events for their new laptops? no. apple does not have to have an event for every new product they release.

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I highly doubt it, I was considering upgrading to a new MacBook when one is released. But mine works just perfectly and I just bought a dvd burner and a huge hard drive for it. ;) So I'm perfectly happy. It would be nice though to see if Apple has anything interesting up their sleeve.

13. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

That post was so useful and full of meaning. The mere fact that you said it means it must be true.

/sarcasm

But seriously, if you have such a bold statement as that to make, at least back it us with facts, or perhaps an even just an argument someone might believe.