September 9th Event at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stitch30, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Stitch30 macrumors member

Hi guys !!

I will be near an Apple Store on Sept. 9th (in Montreal, Canada actually) and would like to know ... is there anything special going on in the store during the conference. Like live broadcasting or special promotions ?

Just wondering because I just can't wait for next wednesday to come. Since I lost my iPod Touch last february, I was holding myself from buying a new one and waiting for september to come.

Do you think the new models will be available right away in the store on the 9th ?

Thanks you.

2. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I doubt there will be because there never has been in the past and you waited 7 months to get a new one? Why would anyone do that?

3. Wishsong macrumors regular

Wow are you serious? People who don't believe there's going to be a third gen are just narrow minded. Here's the run down of evidence:

-Ipods have been refreshed every year in September
    -OS 3.0 isn't working too well with the second gen
    -They need to update the prices (hint hint Zune HD)
    -If they don't update, the Zune HD will own the Second gen touch

I was going to buy a touch in June, but decided to wait as well :D

I don't think there will be anything special in store, just that it'll be up for sale right after the Keynote (I'm like 90% sure that's what happened last year)

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

He didn't say there wasn't going to be a new iPod Touch, he said there probably wasn't going to be any events at Apple Stores.

5. dairi macrumors newbie

5 Sept 2009 ..

Apple headquarter will deliver the packet to central seller distributor..
    ASIA, Europe, Australia ..and etc...

9 Sept 2009..

all the store in the world after the key note will bring up the IPOD Touch 3rd generation and also the will discount the 8GB IPOD touch.. to clean the warehouse....

as you can see ..i am from Asia, Indonesia.. the 16GB and 32 GB they hold the distribution to clan up the 8GB first but because the information already leak in the web ..so many people just hang on up till 9 Sept....

....come o man..just wait is only i week from now ..just patient...
    you know what i learn from Sunday school when i just kid ...

people armed with patience GOD will Love him/her

GBU

DAIRI

6. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

Nothing special will be happening at the Apple Store. But the new lineup of iPods will be announced on the 9th, and will probably be in stores within a few days, or a week. (I think that's how it was last year)

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Did you read the original post?

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I would.... lmao! knowing, that apple makes new ipod touches every sept!:D (well not every sept, it's only been 2 times!)

I am tired of my 1st generation.!:D

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

where did you found this information???:confused: (websites)

10. Wishsong macrumors regular

Yeah sorry :p Totally my bad... I guess that's what happens when you stay up as late as I do. Sorry again.

11. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I was talking about the fact that i doubt there will be events at apple stores. I know there will be new ipod touches... and what's so funny??

It's cool... we all make mistakes.

12. Wishsong macrumors regular

So does anyone know if the Touch 3g will be available EVERYWHERE on the 9th? Or just the apple store?

13. Silencer macrumors member

Silencer

It will be annouced on that date. It should be in stores worldwide within a week or so.

14. RareEarthMetal macrumors member

RareEarthMetal

I can't sleep I want one so bad.

I know, im pitiful.

15. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Nothing special will be happening at the store. However, the new touch should be available either September 9th, or the subsequent day.

16. tundotcom macrumors member

I'm probably gonna go to the Apple 5th Ave. store in Manhattan. What time do you think it will be available for sale to the public? 12:01AM on September 9th?

17. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

It won't be available until after Apple finishes their special event keynote which is set to begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific.

18. tundotcom macrumors member

damn, how long do those generally last?

19. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

90 to 120 minutes.

20. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

You will probably be able to buy the iPod touch at the end of the day (if it is released on the day), or else you will get a definite release date and you can pre-order.

21. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

usually after announcing new products, they won't be available right away when you go to apple store. they don't even have any display that day. so you have to wait for few days to test them at store. you might order them through online or just make a reservation on your order at store. this time I have no doubt. possibly people who live in San Francisco will see them next day at store.

22. Wishsong macrumors regular

So if I want one the earliest possible, would I have to go to the Apple store on the 10th, or can I just go to Walmart?

23. GoJonny78 macrumors newbie

iPod touch 3rd generation bought at walmart

Hey, lets say that the apple store will sell it starting sept 10 and i want one that day but i wanna get it at walmart or sams (cause sams sells theres for a little less)... would walmart or sams have it on the 10th aswell? Thank you for reply! :):apple:

24. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Doubtful. They'll likely have it a few days later. The Apple Retail Stores typically receive the new product first (under embargo).

25. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

nope they just may start selling the new ipods if they come out the same day.