September 9th vs September 16th MBP

II AndyG33 II

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Illinois
So everyone wants their precious montevina mbp's to come out on the 9th
i find this highly unlikely
apple does not have the tendency to release both ipods and macs in the same event...
givin this, if apple does ipods on the 9th
what are the chances of them holding ANOTHER event in the same month?
And are there still any chances of getting an update in september/how likely?

grubworth

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
The 23rd also seems like a likely date - two weeks after the ipod event... or then why not just wait till the 30th for October... arg...

I leave on the 23rd and I'm sure the first week I wont need to do much typing... But I'm also wondering what's the likelihood of apple having two big announcement events in the same month, I don't know if it has happened before.

Least the 9th we may get some hint of what's next, and itunes 8 :).

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
So everyone wants their precious montevina mbp's to come out on the 9th
i find this highly unlikely
apple does not have the tendency to release both ipods and macs in the same event...
givin this, if apple does ipods on the 9th
what are the chances of them holding ANOTHER event in the same month?
And are there still any chances of getting an update in september/how likely?
Where are you all getting this September 9th crap?

Glueeater

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
It's the time of the year where we begin the "Official Who's Waiting for the Apple Store to go Down on Tuesday" threads.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
I cannot BELIVE we are supposed to be expecting to have to wait until freaking October for new MBPs...

Jesus..

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I leave on the 23rd and I'm sure the first week I wont need to do much typing... But I'm also wondering what's the likelihood of apple having two big announcement events in the same month, I don't know if it has happened before.
I don't think it's happened in the last few years, which makes the purported invitations even more likely to be real. Mockups, I think, tend to have expected and obvious elements, while real ones have something unexpected and unthought of.

I cannot BELIVE we are supposed to be expecting to have to wait until freaking October for new MBPs...

Jesus..
October is on the late end of the rumors. The middle appears to be late September or so.

I think September 16 (event), September 30 (silent), and October 7 (event) are three likely dates for an announcement. I think the gap between announcement and release would be smaller the later the announcement date.

We could see the tablet Mac on one of those dates too.

I also think if there was a Mac-only event, it would have software updates just like last year (like iLife + iWork) or really big hardware updates (tablet).

bartzilla

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008

Jesus..
We're waiting until 10.5.5 is ready as well as the H/W I'd say. Are they still releasing developer seeds for 10.5.5 like they're going out of fashion or has that got quiet? A fast beta release schedule followed by a quiet period usually means they've cracked that part of the equation right?

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
We're waiting until 10.5.5 is ready as well as the H/W I'd say. Are they still releasing developer seeds for 10.5.5 like they're going out of fashion or has that got quiet? A fast beta release schedule followed by a quiet period usually means they've cracked that part of the equation right?
Probably. Or at least they're working on those parts.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Where are you all getting this September 9th crap?
Yeah, I wondered about that, too.

It's the time of the year where we begin the "Official Who's Waiting for the Apple Store to go Down on Tuesday" threads.
Yep; so it would seem; it is not as though nothing else is happening in the world just now.

Jesus..
We will wait until His Steveness decides to make us wait no longer which will be when he has something to show us. Simple as that.

Another one of these threads. :rolleyes:
So it would seem.

October is on the late end of the rumors. The middle appears to be late September or so.

I think September 16 (event), September 30 (silent), and October 7 (event) are three likely dates for an announcement. I think the gap between announcement and release would be smaller the later the announcement date.

We could see the tablet Mac on one of those dates too.

I also think if there was a Mac-only event, it would have software updates just like last year (like iLife + iWork) or really big hardware updates (tablet).
That sounds like a pretty reasonable and credible take on the whole thing.

Cheers