September 9th vs September 16th MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by II AndyG33 II, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

    II AndyG33 II

    Jul 8, 2008
    So everyone wants their precious montevina mbp's to come out on the 9th
    i find this highly unlikely
    apple does not have the tendency to release both ipods and macs in the same event...
    givin this, if apple does ipods on the 9th
    what are the chances of them holding ANOTHER event in the same month?
    And are there still any chances of getting an update in september/how likely?
  2. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a


    Aug 31, 2008
  3. grubworth macrumors member

    Jul 24, 2008
    The 23rd also seems like a likely date - two weeks after the ipod event... or then why not just wait till the 30th for October... arg...

    I leave on the 23rd and I'm sure the first week I wont need to do much typing... But I'm also wondering what's the likelihood of apple having two big announcement events in the same month, I don't know if it has happened before.

    Least the 9th we may get some hint of what's next, and itunes 8 :).
  4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Where are you all getting this September 9th crap?
  5. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

    Insulin Junkie

    May 5, 2008
    Mainland Europe
  6. Glueeater macrumors regular

    Jan 8, 2008
    It's the time of the year where we begin the "Official Who's Waiting for the Apple Store to go Down on Tuesday" threads.
  7. Yixian macrumors 65816

    Jun 2, 2007
    I cannot BELIVE we are supposed to be expecting to have to wait until freaking October for new MBPs...

  8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Jul 20, 2008
    I don't think it's happened in the last few years, which makes the purported invitations even more likely to be real. Mockups, I think, tend to have expected and obvious elements, while real ones have something unexpected and unthought of.

    October is on the late end of the rumors. The middle appears to be late September or so.

    I think September 16 (event), September 30 (silent), and October 7 (event) are three likely dates for an announcement. I think the gap between announcement and release would be smaller the later the announcement date.

    We could see the tablet Mac on one of those dates too.

    I also think if there was a Mac-only event, it would have software updates just like last year (like iLife + iWork) or really big hardware updates (tablet).
  9. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
  10. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

    Aug 11, 2008
    We're waiting until 10.5.5 is ready as well as the H/W I'd say. Are they still releasing developer seeds for 10.5.5 like they're going out of fashion or has that got quiet? A fast beta release schedule followed by a quiet period usually means they've cracked that part of the equation right?
  11. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Jul 20, 2008
    Probably. Or at least they're working on those parts.
  12. Scepticalscribe Contributor


    Jul 29, 2008
    The Far Horizon
    Yeah, I wondered about that, too.

    Yep; so it would seem; it is not as though nothing else is happening in the world just now.

    We will wait until His Steveness decides to make us wait no longer which will be when he has something to show us. Simple as that.

    So it would seem.

    That sounds like a pretty reasonable and credible take on the whole thing.


Share This Page