Serendipity

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cellocello, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

So, late last year I bought the awesome aluminum MacBook - mostly just because I wanted one. I've used it for the past near year and I still adore the ever loving crap out of it. I love OS X and am fully a convert now.

At the time, and until the end of this week, I was working a fairly crappy tech job in a Windows shop. My life was nothing but Windows (and problems), day in and day out. The MacBook was a beautiful oasis of computing pleasure when I went home.

Something happened that made me reconsider my life and what I was doing with myself. Well, actually, it was a 3am phone and subsequent freak out from the CEO (doesn't he have better things to do?) when I wasn't able to help a client who screwed up their own system. At 3 in the morning on a Friday night. I said "Screw it, I'm going back to school."

I decided to go back to my roots, and do something creative. Do something that used computers, but wasn't just computers. I decided to go into Advertising.

Lo and behold, after getting accepted and looking over the course requirements, I see this -
    Ahh, my beautiful MacBook. I guess it was simply meant to be. :eek:

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Congrats and good luck. There is no job worth your happiness. Several friends I know who have lost their jobs have entered completely new fields- often their first loves they gave up for the "practical career". Regardless of salary, they all rate their quality of life much better.

3. cellocello thread starter macrumors 68000

cellocello

Thanks very much. I've come to realize the very same thing - I went into comp sci cause it seemed like the "right thing to do" and I've been pretty miserable ever since.

I made the choice to leave this behind and do something I might (gasp!) actully enjoy doing with my time. Really looking forward to being part of the creative class! :D