Serial number vanished on iPhone exterior, but now found on SIM tray

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NiroshanMan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if this was said or stated already, but some of you noticed that the serial number and IMEI were gone from the phone. Well now its found!

If you pop open your SIM tray and turn it around, your serial number and IMEI number are written on the small edges of the tray! I just found this out when i opened it up.

I guess apple wanted to keep it in a safer place, harder to scratch away now that its not on the phones exterior, but not in easy access.

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Wow, I don't know how many times I've taken the SIM tray out but I never noticed this! Haha, sneaky sneaky!

3. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

It doesnt make sense tho, What if i was to buy a new sim card tray on ebay because this one broke then my serial number and imei cannot be found unless the phone is powered on.

4. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

yea but i guess it keeps it safe

5. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Just think of all of those people that said the pictures of the 3G iPhone were fake because there was no serial on the case

6. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea i can't believe that black iPhone (the one on the keyboard of a mac laptop) that was all around the internet was thought to be fake... guess not. Everybody disliked it too, but now everyone loves it!

7. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

I just thought the serial number had been raptured in a sync with the big cloud. :D