Serial # on replacement starting with 7W

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skydivincoastie, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

Im hoping this is the one...no more prox problems!

2. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

What does it mean if it starts with 7W. And are you talking about iPhone 4?

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

7W means china factory. Yes iP4.

4. Ever34 macrumors regular

i believe 7 and 8 are new phones and not refurbs.

5. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Mines serial number starts with 7T and it's brand new. No issues at all.

6. cu2010 macrumors 6502

You mean you have no reception problem without a case? When / where did you buy it?

7. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

This is my 4th iphone4....I keep having the proxy sensor issues...The other day, Apple would NOT give me a new one, just did a software and firmware update (which did nothing) I took pictures of my phone everytime I would mute a call, or hit my contacts button...They replaced it today with a serial number that began with 7W...my last one just had 7000 and a bunch of other numbers...I am hoping this is a good phone with no more proxy issues...The new serial number is as follows: 7W034****

8. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Without case, when touching that "death grip" i can't loose even 1 bar (always -78dB), and when i'm out of town, in areas where signal is weak i can produce death grip, but no one is holding phone like that, so it doesn't matter. Bought in Online Apple Store Norway. And proximity sensor works perfrectly in very bright/dark places. It's Week 34 iPhone.

9. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Thanks for posting your serial.

10. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I also have a serial number starting with 7V and no matter how hard i try I can't force any sort of proximity sensor issue...

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

12. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

The one I turned in today started with 7000...nothing but problems!!

13. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Mine is 70034 not 7000. Seems to running ok except the battery doesn't seem up to par. I'll test it for a week. I got this one in exchange for a battery issue.

What problems did you have? This battery doesn't seem as good as the one I exchanged. I let the battery run out and did a complete charge.

Marc

14. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I am on my second iPhone 4 purely because the original had a bad accelerometer. I don't have the death grip issue in either phone, and I only had the prox sensor issue in the first one after I updated to 4.1. I've kept the replacement on 4.0.2 because of this. This replacement iPhone is perfect. Interestingly, the original iPhone was actually a newer device, the original serial number was 83035, this one is 84034. Again, no deathgrip at all, even with no case, and a perfectly working prox sensor. :)

15. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have recently exchanged iPhone starting with 700. I have issues where the 'wheel' spins when I open phone app and when I'm online. It comes and goes. Called support they said to restore as new. Didn't work. Another trip to the genius bar. Apple tech said that happening will drain battery and will get another replacement.

I might request a serial number.

What's the best serial # to request?

Marc